- A unique wine made by the hands
of people who live in New Zealand’s nature.
- The word Waimarama means “moonlight on the water”
in the native Maori language of New Zealand.
The Waimarama area is located in the blessed lands of Hawke’s Bay
in the North Island of New Zealand,
where the vineyards look over the grand Tukituki River.
Chateau Waimarama is a unique wine made locally in this place where
the moonlight dances on the water in New Zealand’s natural environment.
- Protected from the southerly winds by the Te Mata Peak and the surrounding foothills, Waimarama is situated in a dense sandstone pan with a rich top soil environment. The resulting soil and climate of this naturally blessed province of Hawke’s Bay create this aromatic and elegant wine.
- The vineyard covers 4.5ha, and the small team brings out the best grapes. All the trimming and picking is done by hand.This careful approach to viticulture is based on the belief that “great wines start from the vineyard”.
- We aim to pass on Hawke’s Bay’s soil, water, and air to the next generation by enhancing their value. Waimarama’s policy is to “keep the nature and protect the land.”Waimarama earned a reputation as one of the first wineries to introduce sustainable viticulture in 2002.
- Managing Director
Chase ArquetteChase has been taking care of our winery since 1998. He manages the winery and also supervises the vineyard work. Chase puts a lot of effort into making good wines. He cherishes the terroir and was one of the first to introduce sustainable viticulture to New Zealand back in 2002.
Ludwig VanneronLudwig graduated from Bordeaux University in 1998 and started his winemaking career working under Michel Rolland. He went on to become the technical manager of a well-known Chateau in Bergerac and started his own business in 2011. He is now a consultant for grape-growing and winemaking.
- All elements in complete harmony,a peerless wine
- The name SSS is given only to the highest-ranking wines selected by Shigeru Sato, the owner of Chateau Waimarama. The blending work is performed every year in June of the following year after vine harvesting to determine the style of wine. During the blending, Mr. Sato decided to select and bottle some as special wine, inspired by the excellent quality of the harvest of the year 2009. This original wine uses 100% Cabernet Sauvignon grown in the most sun-kissed lot from the highest part of the vineyard in the hills of Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand. Only six barrels were matured for 16 months in 100 percent new oak barrel, bottle aged in the calm environment of the winery. This is how the very precious 1,768 bottles (750 ml each) of 2009 were made.
- Fully bodied wine with warm and dry weather
- One of the best vintage since 1998.
Deep garnet color and very complex aromas with liquor of Blueberry and Casis,
and vanilla.Enormously rich and dense fruitness but keeping perfect harmony with integrated abundant tannins.
※This wine will be available for sale at The National Art Center shop during an exhibition.※We do not sell alcohol to under aged persons.
- Black fruit aromas and spice flavors, round and silky texture
- Designed for an exhibition on the work of Kashiwa Sato at The National Art Center in Tokyo from 2 February 2021.
An attractive ruby color. Black currant and blueberry aromas
with a hint of spices and toasted notes. Perfectly ripened 5 international grapes provide
deeply concentrated taste, silkiness and fruitness.
- Rich and elegant wine with the precise expression of Syrah
- Deep ruby color. Ripened black fruits flavor like blackberry,
black cherry and plum, with Syrah spicy notes and a hint of white pepper.
Sweet tasting with good freshness a well-balanced wine with smooth tannins.
- Kashiwa Sato Limited Edition Release
- Fujingaho November 2019 Japanese version
- Tokyo Calendar November 2019 Japanese version
- Forbes Japan November 2019 Japanese version
- Goethe March 2019 Japanese version
- Forbes Japan February 2019 Japanese version
- Esquire Winter 2018
- Forbes Japan January 2019 Japanese version
20 year celebration of Chateau Waimarama event at Per Se in NYCmovie